Staying healthy in hot weather
When the outside temperature becomes too hot for too long, it can cause a number of health risks. The NHS has provided some useful suggestions to help yourself and others stay safe and hydrated during a heatwave. Top tips include:
- Staying cool indoors.
- Drinking plenty of fluids and avoiding excess alcohol.
- Looking out for those who may struggle to keep themselves cool and hydrated.
- Not leaving anyone in a closed, parked vehicle, especially infants, young children or animals.
- Staying out of the sun between 11am to 3pm.
- Walking in the shade, applying sunscreen regularly and wearing a wide brimmed hat outside.
Please click here for more recommendations and advise from the NHS.