This privacy notice explains why and what information we collect about you, and how that information may be used.
- Details about you, such as address and next of kin
- Any contact this or your previous practices have had with you, such as appointments, clinic visits, emergency appointments, etc.
- Notes and reports about your health
- Details about your treatment and care
- Results of investigations, such as laboratory tests, x-rays, etc.
- Relevant information from other health professionals, relatives or those who care for you and know you well
Your records are primarily used to facilitate the care you receive. However there are a number of crucial other uses for clinical data these include the ability to properly
- Check the quality of care we provide to everyone (ie clinical audit, responding to complaints)
- Protect the health of the general public
- Monitor how we spend public money
- Train healthcare workers
- Carry out research
- Help the NHS plan for the future.
- Risk stratification
For full details including all third parties we share data with, data retention periods, lawful basis for processing as well as information about your rights: please see our Fair Processing Notice here
Our Data Protection Officer at Primrose Hill Surgery is Dr. Abanti Paul