To request a repeat prescription of a long-term medication, please use the computerised request slip supplied with your prescription. This avoids errors. If you do not have a request slip, we have medication request slips at reception or put a request in writing, clearly indicating the medication needed and giving a contact telephone number. Requests may be:
- Left at reception in the prescription box (you may post requests through our letterbox if the surgery is closed).
- Sent by post , enclosing a stamped addressed envelope. Please allow seven days to cover any postal delays.
- Faxed using the number 020 7722 9724
- Requested online via the link at the top of this page following a simple registration.
Please note the request for contraceptive pills require a specific form to be filled in with your current blood pressure reading. This can be done by coming to the surgery's reception desk. Otherwise you can try one of the local family planning clinics using the link below.
Family planning clinic (nhs choices)
Prescription requests will not be taken over the telephone by our reception staff as mistakes can occur if requests are misunderstood.
Collection of Repeat Prescriptions
- Collect your prescription from the reception desk when the surgery is open.
- Have it posted to you or a chemist of your choice if you have provided a stamped addressed envelope.
- Ask for it to be collected from certain local chemists by pre-arrangement.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.