The provision of medical services depends on a good relationship between doctors, staff and patients. We wish to express this in our practice charter as an agreement between us (the practice) and you (the patient) that we will endeavour to act with tolerance and consideration towards each other to enable the best possible medical care to be delivered fairly to all.
We Undertake To:
- provide care of a high medical standard.
- respect the privacy and personal beliefs of all patients and treat them with courtesy and consideration.
- keep medical records secure and confidential.
- deal with requests for information and send referral letters within seven working days.
- see all urgent medical problems the same day.
- issue repeat prescriptions within two working days.
- reply to any complaint within 14 working days and aim to put the matter right by discussion with you, and, if necessary, implement changes.
- do our best to see patients on time.
We Ask That our Patients:
- treat our staff with the same consideration that you would expect to be treated yourself. Violent, abusive or intimidating behaviour of any kind will not be tolerated.
- arrive on time for your appointment. If you cannot keep your appointment do let us know as soon as possible so that it can be made available for somebody else.
- try to come in or contact us during working hours if you need to see a doctor urgently.
- do not smoke in the building.
- do not steal or damage practice property.
- let us know if you change your name, address or telephone number.
- please keep to one patient and one problem per appointment.
- book another appointment if you have other family members with separate problems to discuss.