Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the practice offers patients a wide range of clinics and healthcare services:
Please book a nurse appointment if you need any of the following services:
- Adult immunisations (including Influenza, Tetanus and Polio boosters)
- Blood tests - if you are unable to attend the hospital (if you are having a cholesterol or glucose test you need to be fasting - water only from midnight)
- Child immunisations (as per the recommended schedule )
- Ear syringing and ear care
- Family planning (pill checks, LARC advice, emergency contraception)
- Injections (e.g. B12)
- Health promotion (alcohol, diet, smoking cessation, exercise, weight management)
- Screening (blood pressure checks, blood glucose monitoring)
- Sexual health services
- Travel advice and immunisations (please book at least 4 weeks before you travel)
- Women’s health (cervical screening, menopause, breast awareness)
- Wound care (dressings, stitches, etc.) and tissue viability including leg ulcer care.
Antenatal Care - we provide a shared antenatal care service with The Royal Free and University College Hospitals. Pregnancy can be confirmed by a simple urine test purchased at the chemist. If you discover you are pregnant, you can self-refer to the local antenatal clinics. Please check on the hospital websites or ask reception for self-referral forms.
Chronic Disease - at present we do not run separate clinics to monitor chronic disease, eg diabetes. Patients with chronic medical problems and those on repeat prescriptions will be asked to book a review appointment with the doctor or nurse in normal surgery time. We may ask you to have a blood test at the hospital before the appointment.